Friday, September 10, 2010

set



Rosa's piece is about weddings. As part of her set she has this huge tiered staircase which sits in the foyer because there is no room in the wings. It makes a very good hiding place to sit inside. It also makes a very good spying place because there are two small holes on each side at the bottom (I assume to make it easier to carry). I felt a little bit bad photographing my classmates without them knowing - especially when I accidentally turned the flash back on and Shani cried out, "Who just took a photo?!" - but I couldn't resist.

Secret.




I think Tracy's dance is exquisite. Sofia carries it exceptionally well. You can tell that Tracy has done fine arts because her aesthetic approach to her work is so strong. Tracy is good at giving direction and is always very clear with her dancers, showing them what she wants things to look like.





Shani always wears a hat when she is running late in the morning (often) and doesn't have time to do her hair. She is one of the most honest people I know. Not as in she never lies but as in she is very much herself and never wears a facade. You can trust her to be frank and say exactly what she is thinking. Her body language explicitly exposes her thoughts. Often this makes her vulnerable and quite comical to observe, so she gets laughed at but I think it is great. You can be sure that when you are looking at Shani you are actually looking at Shani.




Sofia is, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful people I have ever known. She has a certain strange elegance which hovers around her. She is the only person I know who can be cynical in a way which is not depressive (and actually which makes you feel quite warm). She is also the only person I know who can be crude and sexual in a way which is not disgusting or out of taste but rather hilarious and honest. She thinks she has a big bum but she does NOT.




Tracy and Amber are new to our class this year. At first I was worried they would mess up our class's dynamic. But they fit perfectly. They are both very kind hearted and have in-depth thought processes about themselves and their work. Sofia is a credit to both their pieces. Amber has had the speediest recovery from an injury I've ever seen and it because she is so positive and determined.




I love my class but sometimes I feel on the edge because they are all so beautiful and it overwhelms me.


No comments:

Post a Comment