Thursday, February 2, 2012

creature

I am a creature
I emit strange noises frequently for no particular reason
I writhe around on the ground quite a lot
hunch my back when I feel afraid
for no apparent reason - still, acceptable in some kingdoms

I am a creature
I eat hastily and drink in a lapping kind of way
I drown myself in the watering hole

I am the kind of stray creature that mils around the streets at night
loitering in dark corners' shadows
Who upside-downs the rubbish bins
scavenges for a mate
prowls around looking for fight
lying over the architecture of the world like some bare-backed wolf
moonlight-clad ribs
stray

You can find me rustling around the legs of wild humans
I am that kind of creature
You can send out any kind of warm net
and I will probably crawl into it, just to fall asleep for a while

I am the kind of creature that never goes to bed
spends its whole life sleeping
solar-powered somnambulant

I will eat all the treats in your house
I am this kind of creature
I will stealthily scuttle through your cat's cat door
and take whatever you've left out
I will take out your left-overs
and your tomorrow
Then I will also go through your rubbish bins too
probably
(if they look remotely enticing
or even if they don't but I am bored, which is likely)

If you catch me I will pounce on you
That's the kind of creature I am
A pouncing lunatic
driven by solar eclipses and grey clouds
I will latch onto you and then
forget about you
unhook myself from your hair and
wander off

I am that kind of creature - distracted.


No comments:

Post a Comment