Thursday, December 23, 2010

sydney scribblings: beautiful things


When I was in Sydney last summer, my friend Jeanie and I spent a Sunday afternoon at Sole cafe in Newtown listening to live music, ordering tapas, drinking red wine and scribbling in Jeanie's notebook. 

I forgot about the scribblings until this year. I was looking through her notebook and saw the pages we had created together. I reckon that Sunday was one of the most enjoyable days I've had in Sydney. 

There are six pages.  I'm going to post them one at a time.



"
how great,
that when we are little
we are able to look
down on the world.


in our
own perfect
little world


Beautiful things:
1) a man and a woman losing their balance on a traffic island with smiles.
2) kisses in the back of taxi cabs while seeing left ring finger.
3) reading other peoples' books in public.
# 4. couple in SPIDERMAN suits. walking down street.
4) smiles @ strangers
5) puddle jumping
6) feeling pretty in pj's


we look so sad without words
"


BACK TO AUCKLAND TOMORROW

No comments:

Post a Comment