Wednesday, December 1, 2010

circular

wearing the same bra you first saw me in
except that this is real life
except that this is underneath clothes
it's not even mine
I stole it
from someone else who stole it
you will ask for sugar
and I will ask for without and I will
try not to think about the time you said
"you are eating too much sugar -
let me cook for you"
as we attempt to tread semi-familiar territory
in unfamiliar times


I have them quietly. The space between my ribs disappears; starving but I want to see my stomach lining. My heart expands and so does my breathing. You better watch out that I don't punch you (you are so lovely to me). Curling up to escape hyper-reality. I know it's happening when I forget to exhale.



the last inhaling of car exhaust?
the last watching teenagers smoke in the carpark?
the last rooftop viewing?
the last emergency vehicle quietly curving up the motorway?
the last smelling of fast-food vats?
the last dirtying of my carpet with city soot?
the last locking of the prison gate?


You are moving through a vast graveyard of unsettled bodies. I smell everything you've consumed: the liquor, the music, the panadol you had this morning. Seeping through your pores.

No comments:

Post a Comment