Friday, December 17, 2010

crafty


Yesterday I went to see the graduate design exhibition at UTS. One person had made a notebook with cut envelopes for pages. I can't remember who. Sorry. I thought it was great.

I like paper. Slight obsession. I collect paper. Mostly receipts, tickets, flyers, notes I find on the ground. I have massive bags full of paper which I intend to do something with. Halfway through the year some (a lot) of this paper became my hybrid art project. But I kept collecting even after I finished that.

In Sydney I have also been collecting paper. Today while baby was asleep I decided to make a pocket sized notebook from some of the paper I have collected, inspired by the one I saw at the exhibition yesterday. Some pages fold out into larger pieces. The left side of each leaf shows what the paper was originally used for, the right is blank or blank-ish for writing on. I sewed it together with a needle and thread. And bent the needle and broke it.













I like it very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment