Tuesday, August 24, 2010

god as a verb


I am not particularly religious (if at all) but two things I encountered today resonated in me:


Firstly, a passage from the bible which I read on another blog:

I do not understand what I do.
For what I want to do I do not do,
but what I hate I do.

- Romans 7:15



The other is from a documentary we watched today in class (Haunting Douglas, 2003):

"God is a verb. It's not something separate from you. It's something you can experience."

- Douglas Wright


I suppose this is similar to how I perceive God: A particular feeling or experience usually brought on by beauty (in whatever form beauty takes - people, music, moments) and very often covertly. I do not view God as a singular ruling entity. I have always had trouble articulating my thoughts on this. But I think this also defines it: Something complex and not necessarily needing or wanting to be explained.

No comments:

Post a Comment