Friday, August 6, 2010

stranger/friend


I just made a very exciting discovery.

When I was in Sydney over summer I went to an Andy C gig. During the night I found a camera on the floor. I held it up for a while hoping whoever it belonged to would see it and claim it. Noone did. I thought maybe I could look at the photos on it and pick out a face in the crowd. So I flicked through the photos but there weren't many and none of people. Afterwards my friend posted on the event's Facebook page asking if anyone had lost a camera. Noone replied. When I left to come back to NZ I took the camera with me, bought rechargeable batteries and have used it since.

Loading photos onto my computer just now I noticed there were a heap of word and pdf. files on the camera's memory card. All in German. Mostly job applications and communications with universities. I have been translating some online.


One document was a CV.



18.01.12
Previously, I posted the CV here. And a short while later the person contacted me via email! But for privacy, I was asked to take it down. Which, is fair enough. It is easy to forget these things are real life and not fiction. The world is small and exciting. =)


1 comment:

  1. Hey! That's me!!!!!!! I went to andy c gig in jan 2010 on Sydney Harbour.... can't believe I found your post, so funny that you posted this!!! Contact me, georg.ziesch@googlemail.com

    ReplyDelete