Thursday, August 19, 2010

dress-up day




In these people I find happiness:



 

They have carried me through a large portion of the last eighteen months. My class is the most energetic, complex, enthusiastic, spontaneous, surprising, talkative, sensitive, intelligent, diverse, hilarious, insightful, absurd, wonderful bunch of people I know.

Sometimes I try to tell them why they are beautiful but I don't think they quite believe me. Also I can never articulate it accurately. It is something in the way they interact with each other. In dancers I find a unique form of friendship which I don’t fully understand but am grateful for.

I think of our class as this strange polygamy where we are all exchanging experiences and bodies and ideas. It is the best way I can imagine spending three years of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment