Sunday, October 30, 2011

baby don't break me

A list of my injuries since at Unitec.

1st year:
Left knee - medial ligament strain.
Right knee - strange joint things happening (suspected chondromalacia, probably a muscle imbalance).

2nd year:
None that I can remember. But pretty sure I had eight split toes at one time.


3rd year:
Left wrist - stressed joints.
Right arm - partial tear of medial ligament.
Right achilles - fluid sitting around the tendon.
Left foot - dropped metatarsal head.


My initial reaction to injuries is frustration and anger.
Probs crying.
Then I kind of absorb them and they become part of how I dance and things I know about my body.

Each new injury seems linked to a past one.
At first realising that has the same feeling as realising you've made the same mistake twice.
Like a bit stupid/foolish and angry at yourself for not having more foresight.
But then it's kind of nice also to realise that you're one complete thing; you are not lots of tiny little scattered parts but actually one whole functioning organism that is interconnected and works as an entirety.
That's quite reasurring.

No comments:

Post a Comment