Monday, January 2, 2012

best before

Take me back to my mud land.
I will offer you only my closed eyes.
I will hear the heat and see the outsides in you
I cannot remember what I promised.

You are almost-notquite what I am after.
What am I after?
You are well enough and sharp enough
and I'll be back four times more
except for when I sleep

Starry blue blanket
what are you/who?
You have been in the field with me
Shielding the darker of us
one and two
her and him
You can come camping too
You can lie above me on the front seat
We can get cold in the back together

Rain down starry over-flooded joy
gravel between my toes and testing my skin
Go away field
we like the mud lands better
Pride
(my worst)

You don't need any sleep.
Do you know what you are capable of?
I know what your bodies can do
I have seen it
I have seen it a-/part
I am you and you are
All Me.


So twelve-and-a
half thousand
people walk into a bar
and say, "Do you have to open it?"
"Can you pour a bit more vodka in?"
"There are no pies here," say I
"donate to the suicidal dinosaur, Please"
well -- it worked.
all 118.20 were saved
endangered species, those small gold gems.
(2 on the floor)

And don't I know it.
That rotten smell of bodies is still with me
sitting in my nasal cavities
and if I could be this unclean, I'd trade places

You would have judged me if you'd known me
Goodbye.


No comments:

Post a Comment