Tuesday, February 8, 2011

mmm...


I have a bad ligament on the inside of one of my knees and sometimes when it is particularly bad I wear flesh-coloured strapping tape on it to help it out a bit, 'cause I wanna be nice to my body, you know, it does good things for me. And people who don't know about things like strapping tape notice it and think it is a massive plaster (I assume they think it is a massive plaster?) and then they go "OhmyGOD what have you DONE to yourself?" and I kind of just look at it 'cause I am so used to the small uncomfortable niggling feeling living in there and occasionally having to tape it up so it stays where it is and doesn't grow any bigger and I say, "Oh, I just have a bad ligament on the inside of that knee" and I don't mention that the one on the outside of my other knee is even worse and sometimes feels like my femur and my tibia are going to grind away my cartilage and then my knee cap and then each other into a pile of off-white slightly yellow dust and that taping that knee up and stretching and warming up properly and all the other stuff I've been advised to do by "professionals" doesn't help it at all and actually the only thing that does seem to help it, ironically, is running even though people freak out about running completely fucking up your joints and being too high-impact and bad for you and stuff like that.

And they say, "Oh, ok, right" and carry on playing cards or whatever

No comments:

Post a Comment