Sunday, February 20, 2011

thought #2


Sometimes I would like to engage in inappropriately personal conversation with strangers/acquaintances.

But you can't just do that.

It is not appropriate to say, "How would you like your eggs?" followed by "I think you are quite beautiful."

You can't ask the chef if his eyes are red because he has insomnia or cried too much last night or he inhales something he shouldn't,

I'd like to tell fifteen year old boys that they should love every girl they can and don't worry about if they are right or wrong loves. But their mothers would frown and complain to the manager and probably get their trim flat whites and salmon eggs benedict with a side salad somewhere else next time.

Sometimes with less stranger friends I do indulge in these fantasies.
Often it is disastrous.
Sometimes it is good.

1 comment:

  1. I say tell them ..
    Because self seen beauty and giving love should be encouraged.
    So Natalie
    although you are not a stranger
    I would like to say
    you looked stunning dancing in class today
    xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete