Saturday, February 19, 2011

sydney scribblings: my mother's lost friend



"
 what do I do with this?
                                     no-one taught me about this one..

I like that 
your over
is under. 
so you contradicted 
yourself 
TWICE. 
is it still a 
contradiction? 

things we gift to others
                         we'd usually keep for ourselves..

you should
write
                  that down! 

SUPRISE HAZELNUT!!!

on grey 
sunday 
sydney
me
+
photographer  

I like 
arrows 
but I 
don't 
know 
why. I
guess
it's because
they're going somewhere
and that's what
I wanna do.



"MY MOTHER'S LOST FRIEND"   7/2/10

did this page exist before the words formed on it??
do these words exist if they can be erased??
does this pencil exist
                    if all the lead can be used up
and all the wood sharpened away??

does this page exist if it can be torn out
burned, shredded, eaten
does the hand which makes these markings exist
if one day it will be turned back into the earth
born of its own defecation
returning to from where it came

one day, in finding our own ends
we will discover the beginnings of each other

(what happens when the pencil goes blunt?)



they're 
going
somewhere

"


No comments:

Post a Comment