Tuesday, May 11, 2010

time



Dearest stars,

I am writing to you about ‘Now”.
‘Now’ is not the same for you and me,
you see.
Your ‘Now’ is much more immediate than mine;
Because I have mortal existence
I have consciousness.
Consciousness does not register ‘til
After the fact.
Therefore
‘Now’ is not now.
Once I realise something that is ‘Now’ the
Moment has in fact already passed.

You are not conscious however.
You are defined only by my ‘Now’,
But your ‘Now’ is different to mine.
For you
‘Now’ is any given instant
you choose to exist.
For me it is stolen
Snatched
The second I dare to claim it.
But the ‘Now’ we share
Has length.
You are you
And I am conscious of this.
But not until after the fact.

So really,
Stars,
YOU exist
And I do not.



1 comment:

  1. I like how yr blog has an adults only pre-screen. Really creates a kind of soft anticipation.

    ReplyDelete