Sunday, November 6, 2011

0-8-REPEAT

I saw a spark of you,
unattached, or attached, but
prior.
It was brilliant.
It was odd.
I liked it.
We conned con artists
We told lies
Nice lies.
Good lies.
Lies for our benefit
and theirs
and his.

I saw a spark of you
It sat in gutters
and said yes to sweet sweet.
The spark knew numbers one through to three; it
multiplied five by two.

You held hands with me.

We would be only a little drunk and still in control.
In control enough
of control,
of the out of control
for our benefit
to our advantage.
No regrets
only shrewdness
(if you can call such deceit that).

And this would be the norm, in each other's seats
and both retinas the same colour.
To be honest I don't really mind
it's just nice to have those glimmers
We have never sat down together
We have never been sweet
Numbers eight and six eating each other
They shouldn't
They do

Yeah whatever, that spark
It was nice
But not essential
was, but not now
thanks anyway
I liked it.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete