Thursday, August 18, 2011

niagara falls (USA side)

Understandably my expectations of the falls was that they'd be HUGE. After a bit of research I discovered they are 53m high. A mighty 2m shorter than Bridal Veil falls in Hamilton. Here is a picture of Bridal Veil Falls in Hamilton, New Zealand. 


Admittedly, Niagara falls has a flow of 600,000 litres per second. I'm sure this is much more than Bridal Veil falls (can't find the amount online, probably an amount which doesn't pull the tourists).

Niagara Falls is much more impressive from the Canadian side because you can look at them front-on, but I took those photos in a different format and can't seem to upload them. Here are some photos instead from the US side, for now:


Two countries one photo.



You could pay ridiculous amounts of money to wear a thin yellow poncho probably of a similar quality to that which you would buy at a two dollar shop and stand underneath large amounts of water and become quite saturated and then get mad at yourself for forgetting to bring a spare pare of clothes and trudge grumpily back to your car and get chaffing between your thighs along the way. Dad said, "do you want to do that?" I said "no thank you."




The international bridge between the States and Canada (did they used to swim before it was built?)


Boat's gettin' owned.


Churr Dad. I really did enjoy the trip, honest. Sorry if I didn't look happy. I'm gonna blame the jet lag.

No comments:

Post a Comment