Friday, April 24, 2015

ganglion

There's a cyst in my wrist
that likes to balloon up every now
and then, it makes my
wrist look larger than
normal, in flexion

it feels likes it's shuffling
my little wrist bones
around
making space for itself
making itself comfortable
in me

it wakes up and sleeps
and sleep and sleeps, and then
wakes up to let me
know it's still here -
just when I thought it departed
on some permanent vacation

it wiggles up my forearm, my
shoulder, my neck
it sits behind my skull
then wanders down my left sacrum

it goes on adventures but leaves its
footprints everywhere
leaves a trail of knots and agitation and fury

someone once said, "your left side
is your feminine side."
when I remember this, I think of
the cysts also in my ovaries
that cause me significantly
less pain.
they are quiet
they are hidden
even I didn't know about them for ages

No comments:

Post a Comment