Wednesday, May 15, 2013

highness

Biting down on my bravado 
with red wine lips; 
staggering against the palimpsest cess pit:
(We've been here before) 
and
we've been here before.

She says, afraid of old
I tell her: it's fine out here.
She wants the tick, the trick--
and has it; both.
I, unheard... 

As with the four point triangle: I am still.
Quiet. 
There's no right to motion when she sings you of alone.

I understand nobility, Ella
and it's a furious dilemma:
gloriously outward and overdrawn,
eight dollars declined and inclined for something more
than pills back-lipped and waiting games.
The collision of souls reincarnate to time itself
for we are not living, but we have lived -- thanks to approval 
and soft, dull patting of all ten digits
whack, whack into each other
like some multi-impaired sea creature.

But you're right about the rough:
for when we are good, we have good.

No comments:

Post a Comment