Tuesday, October 2, 2012

in-orientation

put me in a sequinned glitter-jacket
sit me on a bike
and pedal me somewhere

send me over the bridge, on my own
hold your headphones over my ears
adjust them a little too tight
make me hard of hearing

arrange me horizontal against the gravel roads
press your whole weight into me
walk between the cars and the railing, drag me
hold a hot torch over my leg's atlased bruises

sit me on your front porch
disregard the neighbours
force feed me consecutive coffee cups
make me stutter

remind me where the ground is
tell me I slept funny 
the moon and the 
house jumping

read me excerpts from last exit to brooklyn

ask me how many hours there are in a day
carve words into me
force me to cut my nails
drive me to crooked rivers

wake me up at 4.35am
don't give me excuses
sit me in the overgrown garden

push me over the fence
arrange me vertical
tell me to fuck off when you're sick of me

tell me to stop smoking 
when I'm drunk
roll me a joint 
forget to reply 
if you're drinking
arrange me vertical

drive me out to gravel roads
forget how many hours 
make excuses
carve words into my lungs 
arrange me under the bridge

make conversation in the middle of the night
make conversation with the people whose heads are down

roll me a joint 
on your front porch
on your rooftop
tell me to quit dreaming
read me excerpts from your paperbacks

press your whole weight into me --
your whole weight

send me on my own
tell me to fuck off
de-wheel the bike
walk into the cars, into the kerb

put me in a sequinned jacket, 
pedal me somewhere










No comments:

Post a Comment