Thursday, March 8, 2012

jack's bakery

Standing under Jack's Bakery on Adelaide. Inadequate guardian of adult-esque 5 and 8 year old. There's two minutes til the bus, actually. Read the board. Hobbling no shoes come corporate office Queen. Oh that's right-- I'm in the city; people wear heels to work. But also make-up. My freckles shine through the pale remnants of last night's basting. If I'm going to traverse night and day borders then I'm going to own it. Let's not pretend. Everyone knows what I've been up to.

I feel small detached guilt at being a bad example to the uniformed adolescents I cross paths with. They know. I like this though, that last night had ticked over seamlessly into today and with consciousness. Feels like I am elongating time. Making chewing gum out of hours.

I am practicing testing myself. I am laying wires to land in unfamiliar situations and see how I cope. What will I do? I am keeping a record of the answers to this question. Documenting my progress. I am employing controlled variables and searching for a pre-determined outcome. I am counting on one hand the number of places I've visited; I'm throwing darts to decide where I'll go next.

I am following instructions and breaking several rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment