Monday, March 12, 2012

the day is backwards

I am wishing I was in higher houses
writing and head-dancing into the night
but still able to wake
fifteen minutes before class
roll out of bed onto the floor
with two legs or four
roll across the street
roll into class, dance
and dance

I want to travel lots and live a nomadic lifestyle
but I don't want to style my life into two separate places
I want my work place to be my home place to be my studio to be my tea house

I want to have twenty-five coffees and
six hours of conversation only,
only
I want to dance with the inside of my mouth
stretch it open, look inside yours
I want to live on a rooftop and take in
the colours of the city, of Western Springs park

I want and I
want
and I want
wanton
I don't want a wanton or
to be wanton
only wanting

I have
I have and
I have
and have nots
I have what I have
and have in other places what I
have not
have knots
here and there
and hair
hair knots
and hair wantings
and hair haves
I have locks

you tell me your wants
my hair
and here
hair haves and hair wants and
hair knots
hair locks
wanton hair locks
with warlocks
and knots
knotting ourselves into each other
I have wants
and I want
and I have and I
have not
so I want
and I have not
and I have wants
I am wanting

I want six hours of feeding
my mouth is open
and eating
I want endless caffeine
I want meeting
and meetings
and eatings with meetings
and forward-thinking
and thinkings
and thinking
and thinking
and thinking
and thinking






1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete