Sunday, December 17, 2017

in/hale

After I inhale,
all of that leaves me -
I feel heavier and lighter all at once,
I feel clear and yet hyper-aware

but the next morning, I'm still
there, though every now and then
I feel the daily state and its
slow creep of reality
etching its way back in

it lives in me but sometimes
I wish I could live in it.

Everyone sits calmly outside
and does what they do -

sometimes I feel so lost
when I'm not high.

I like to go travelling inside my own head
the safest and furtherest place
from home that I could be.
I've no idea how to get there
but it's so easy to return

I've a road map inside me
that points to all possible destinations
it goes around in circles
and then spirals
up

I like the mountains because they're unascendable,
the oceans because of their vastness
I like the places that are endless
I want the trip that never ceases -

but that's known commonly as insanity,
and generally disapproved of.

No comments:

Post a Comment