Sunday, May 14, 2017

revisionalry

I wonder if I should
                                 send my poem to you,
                                                                      Ella

   .

imagine
every'neI've
ever
   written
      a poem about

reading
             about
                       themselves

and knowing
                      all their own

secrets,
and


maybe that's why I 
                                           
                                                  (of course it's why I)
,why I                                    
tipped you off, Nicholas

                            because 
                           I wanted
                                     to
I wanted
you
to

know

the things
you didn't know

knew you didn't
know

I knew about you


\ so 
that in 
twenty seventeen
I could write poems about

yearning 

about you
forever


whilst being
perfectly
happy
in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment