Sunday, January 5, 2014

Dale

half your life ago
was one-third ago mine

you cross your legs to pack your pipe
rolling your spliff with concentration

you take my clothes off 
outside on the deck
with classical music accidentally 
and a view you photographed earlier

you buy me jellybeans and beers
you say you want to live here
you check in that I love you, 
"eh?" 

You know.

and you Admire me,
very seriously --

you sit legs all tucked up under me
like I've never seen any others,
with me
entangled in me
you save the last chip for me

You stand in line for me.

you hold my hand across the passenger seat
you keep your shoes on 'til the last minute
you let me drive.

you push me off the jetty and
into the lake 
you put your underwear on immediately 
after sex, you go for a walk 
alone

you pour me a glass of orange juice
every time you have one
without asking if I want ...

you talk to me in a 
concerningly compelling French accent, you send me
photographs of yourself with swallows

you talk to me during sex
you touch me in public
-- and refrain from touching me in public

you bring me acid on your 
tongue, while I'm playing 
volleyball with my friends

you do the dishes
you cut my hair
you soap me up
you dry me off
you worry about your hair

you sit a bit too far away from me
to eat your bacon
in the morning

we fall asleep to Deftones
holding hands
/not holding hands but
touching feet

you buy me a silver key and a
rainbow robot

you carve 
slightly incoherent messages
into my notebook
amongst my ambitions

you tell me I've
Changed you. 

I lead you around the supermarket,
semi-blind, half
seeing

I play you music
I tell you things
I wear my hair up !
I omit "I" from your poems until the last moments

I wonder --

and I feel: happy,
about us.

We are now.
We are present.
We are here.
We are love.

We are 
here, now
memories 
in action. 

No comments:

Post a Comment