Tuesday, December 20, 2011

urban blues

first kiss shorts
they are the oldest piece of clothing I own*
they are quite ripped on the left side
they still fit me
I still wear them
they have seen eight summers
and five countries
the insides of six wardrobes
they have made multiple memories
they must stay, they must
stay
until they eat themselves open

they have seen midnight sand dunes
the seats of bicycles
tropical storms
the underneaths of summer dresses
their own reflection shining back at them on stage tarketts
caravans and campervans and tents
austrian mountain tops
sulphur-drenched gondolas
they have been a closer companion to me than most humans
these shorts -
is that weird?


*I have not held onto them because they are my first kiss shorts, it just so happens that they are the only thing I owned then that still fits me and that I still like. 

1 comment: