Sunday, May 3, 2015

Grey Lynn epiphanies

Almost everything I own was once owned by someone else.
I know 60 - 70% of the previous owners.

I love walking through the streets leading up to Ponsonby on Saturday and Sunday, and seeing all the discarded half-finished beer bottles left behind by weekend town go-ers.
This is completely contradictory to my attitude on littering.

All the streets I walk through remind me of past lovers.
The clubs and bars remind me of past friendships, or my own younger self.

I like the view of Pt. Chev - the city sprawl, or at night, the lights, and then the water - from the top of Cockburn road. I didn't notice this until I'd lived here several months, because I was always looking down at the footpath or noticing the trees that smell like weed and trying to figure out if it actually was pot or the trees (still not sure).

Locals will get angry if you pronounce it "Cock-burn".

My house is probably worth over a million dollars, despite the floor sinking and it being frikken cold and the fence falling over onto the neighbour's property.

I like it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment