Tuesday, March 10, 2015

revelry

I have to document you.
Because I hope you will be around later.
and when you are,
I want to be
flicking back through my posts
and find that day
(this day) and remember

how you kind of whirled me into a kiss
on the corner of your street and
I fumbled out some words, not really expecting anything
and then,
then I was kissing you back
and wary of future leaving
but actually
would have very happily
just kept kissing you on that corner
for a long time - I feel sad like I forgot to
let my palms drink you up
but I was wary of a car approaching (with its lights)
and also hadn't really expected you to -
but very happily could have just kept
talking to you, and holding
your head in my hands
and your neck, in my hands
all night -

that would be quite nice, yes, but, it is
Tuesday. Tuesdays are not for staying awake all night
with strangers (though mine could be and has been)

Your back was warm and I
like your height, even though it doesn't matter
(but everyone seems to think it does) - but yours just
suits you
and you were the perfect small amount of
shy, so endearing - but
luckily not too shy to
kiss me
goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment