Monday, February 23, 2015

an-Orchid

there are things inside of me I haven't ever seen
and things I have seen that will never leave inside of me

   sometimes they rise to my skin surface at night
as I further the place I came from each September

and some of the times I've felt most like myself
   are when I've not been here, away for days sometimes
sometimes, away for what feels like days

but I am also most anchored
    in the depths of my body
  when my arms are elongated
     and my wrists feel
small but functioning

or when I'm horizontal, so that all my fascia
    is kissing the earth
while I kiss some part of the sky:
imagined ordinary,
beautiful-ethereal-transient

though I guess when I'm in the depths of my body
I'm not here either, I'm somewhere else

in the labyrinth of me,
uncontact-
able

No comments:

Post a Comment