Sunday, August 18, 2013

scaling

There is a man on the roof of the house across the road. He is allowed to be up there on the roof because he is a Tradie.

I am not allowed to climb around the parts of buildings that are not intended for holding humans (rooftops, balcony rails, kitchen benches, etcetera) because I am an Ordinary Person. Especially if I am drunk, because that is considered Dangerous and I might do something Unexpected and Irrational, like Plummeting to my Death. 

I met someone on Monday who did that -- without the death part, though. But he was drunk and Dangerously fell off a balcony, and now he has metal bits inside him which are not his and weren't there before. He told me he fell fourteen storeys, but I think that was a lie. Because he was alive and in front of me, and surely if you fell fourteen storeys -- even if you were a cat -- you'd be dead. Maybe I should Google-check that fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment