Sunday, June 30, 2013

plane

I.

I'm sure some
people
read
just to be
seen
reading

but
don't we all
do things
just to be seen
doing them?


II.

I had a half-finished poem
nestled in my glitter-pummeled bag
between the fake eyelashes and reluctant leather
scrawled over some
post-party
serviette
illegible, inebriated ramblings
I pulled it out to announce
that
"I
 am a
Poet..."

No, I pulled it out accidentally
whilst
rummaging...
declared myself
A Poet.

"Oh read it! Read it out!"
my adoring fans cried --
All three of them.
But I declined.
Because they never sound the same out loud
as they do when
heard by eyes.


III.

Every time I call someone
"man"
these days
I feel
hyper gender aware
like I just yelled
"CUNT!"
in someone's pretty face

but they all call me --
and each other --
"babes"
so I dunno, I think it's O.K.


IV.

There are no poems coming out of me
for one week, almost
then suddenly
a heavy dog wearing cement shoes
walks by
and I throw up
four.


No comments:

Post a Comment