Wednesday, January 30, 2013

in change

Things were beginning in my head, yesterday
and then I flushed them out drunk.
I had lines piecing themselves together
post-death genius forming in me
and then I pissed it all out into a
rusty parking lot.

At some vague post-meridiem
shortly after shortly after
post death-genius
post shock horror
Mab slipped her profanities in me
thought-fucked inside a green plasticky portaloo daydream --
I heimliched her out.
I strung all her ideas down my face;
She sprayed herself through my lashes
infiltrating my bloodstream--

I stood still.

Capa-cha came after me.
Dragging his legs eight inches behind him
screaming my name at my ziplocked eyelids
(He thought I couldn't hear him
but I heard his words with the sides of my feet
which were dissolving through the earth
burning rivers through the concrete).

I looked up from my sinking
and saw
Leon's even eyes
glazed past me, past the city
(he knew better than to ... )
I thought, you are all educated.
And I wondered what in.
I wanted to know everything

Then I remembered.

Tralala's bloody snatch, the same blood
flooding my feet in a wave of Indochina
That picked me up viciously
threw me spine-length onto Auckland's spike

Skewered on this hyperdermic
I saw the world in Interlude
I heard the whole world sounding quiet because
only I was there

and I knew everything.
And I knew everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment