Thursday, May 31, 2012

nude, on podium

While I am,
on the cliff-edge of sleep,
the toes of distraction grind
their oversized nails
into my right shoulder
Split the skin
Wind deeper through the seven
layers of tissue
There is a well of satisfaction bleeding in my right shoulder

While here
My ribs and clavicle press the air
like a body does against a lovely found stranger
The bony parts of me
looking for negative space
Being shaded grey, I am
in high contrast eyes of 360 degrees

I'll saunter around and look at all the
Versions of me
And the old cliche
fits: Every one is different.

We are all the same, but different.
I stole that off an automobile ad.

I am on a podium
I -
am the performer
Here I am, performing
making my cup of tea
Stirring it slowly
and
dramatically, what...?
It is sticky in the creases of me
Where I am sweating
and discharging other loathings
There's no shame in this body, I
promise you

See that sore under my right hip bone
red with pus swollen
See that dark shadow under my breast
Yes, you will see it
I haven't drawn anything for your shape
Those details don't concern you, anyway

You can smudge me
Mark me in orange
Make circles of my broken knees
You will have it all
It is for you anyway
My body is the only thing left, really
and it is not mine.




No comments:

Post a Comment